Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Travel and Tunes

To sum up 2008, I'd say this has been a great year for traveling.

The Poland trip at the end of 2007 reignited my wanderlust which continued on to this year. And I had some great, great,
great trips this year. There was El Nido with my college friends, and the Boracay teambuilding, and the Hong Kong and Macau trip with some current and former officemates. But the highlight of the year was definitely the awesomely epic SEA backpacking trip from Kuala Lumpur to Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City with the "cliquish" batchmates from the office. Angkor Wat has been my dream desitnation for a few years now, and let me tell you, right from the time I set foot on Siem Reap International Airport, to riding the tuktuk to the hostel, to seeing the temples and walking around the town, every second of that trip was amazing.

Being able to go to a dream destination is an awesome experience. Yep, this was an awesome year of traveling. Machu Picchu, Lalibela and New Zealand, anyone? =D


-----------------

I made the same list at the end of 2007 and since I'm all about routines, I thought I should do it again. So here are the 20 most played songs on my ZVM:

  1. Machines - Biffy Clyro
  2. Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
  3. 3 Libras - A Perfect Circle
  4. Missed The Boat - Modest Mouse
  5. If You Tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers
  6. Little Motel - Modest Mouse
  7. Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
  8. I See You, You See Me - The Magic Numbers
  9. The Comeback - Shout Out Louds
  10. The Origin of Love - Hedwig and The Angry Inch
  11. 9 Crimes - Damien Rice
  12. Grace - Jeff Buckley
  13. Oasis - Amanda Palmer
  14. People As Places As People - Modest Mouse
  15. Warwick Avenue - Duffy
  16. Weak - Skunk Anansie
  17. Dream - Alice Smith
  18. Oh Well - Fiona Apple
  19. Sway - The Perishers
  20. This Year's Love - David Gray
Happy New Year Everyone! May 2009 be great for all of us! (and when I say us, it means me and the people I like...)

11 complaints:

mia said...

where are we traveling this year? :D

meL said...

"and when I say us, it means me and the people I like.."

LMAO. 2009 na, magbago na..

wow, you went to alotta places this year, i be jealous. idol kita e! ^^

alvin, kid repetitive said...

mia: Singapore! wala daw naka-reserve sa couch nila Mike in the coming months haha

mel: Punta ka HK sa March diba? Kakapunta ko lang kasi eh, pero kung ililibre mo ako, sasama ako :p

mia said...

pero kng sing tyo, dpat kunti lng.. d nman ata tyo mgkasya kna mike :P pero either way.. i call their house! lol

infobuilder said...

hahaha... at tlgang pinaguusapan nyo na dito kayo makikitira. =P gusto ko magNZ or Australia...

mainepot said...

sama ko sa new zealand!

monsterboy said...

Lols at Amanda Palmer. I just heard it over the radio, and I kept on arguing with my sister whether it was a guy or a girl singing.

Yey for The Perishers!

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Mike/Maine: Tara New Zealand! Si Jyue kakapunta din lang dun yata eh... tanong natin IT nya :p

Ronnie: She was raped then got pregnant and got an abortion (in the song anyway), so malamang babae sya :p

mia said...

cge NZ! but w8, ano meron dun? hehe

wag nman australia dba haha

aajao said...

"and when I say us, it means me and the people I like..."

LOL. natawa ako dito. pramis. :D

alvin, kid repetitive said...

http://www.tourism.net.nz/attractions/

New Zealand's unlimited range of tourist attractions and activities include bungy jumping, sky diving, glacial hiking, horse trekking, health and beauty relaxation treatments, scenic flights and so much more.

And syempre, sight seeing sa Hobbiton :))