Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gifts as Character Reference

I just did my Christmas shopping earlier today, which is actually pretty early for me. Last year, I was still scrambling to buy Christmas gifts on the 24th.

Anyway, one of the things I found were these cellphone-holder-while-you-charge things:













The idea is you plug in your cellphone charger through the angel/devil's mouth, wrap the charger cord around its neck, and leave the cellphone sitting comfortably on its lap. I found them charming (and convenient) enough (which are also qualities one should look for in a one-night stand, btw), so I bought about a dozen of them, divided equally between the Angel and Devil design. I figured I'd give my nice friends the Angel ones, and my asshole friends the Devil ones. See, this way, not only will I be giving them a gift, I'll also be giving them an idea of how pleasant or nasty I think they are.
*

-------------------

Another thing that I recently bought is this 17-in desktop monitor that I'm staring at right now. My old monitor was making its best efforts in giving me a migraine and turning me colorblind by filling the screen alternately with blinking, saturated greens, blues and reds, so I was only too happy to get rid of it. Good thing Mich and James, the eBay conglomerate that they are, were selling this item at the time I was looking for one. At least now, I can put being colorblind at the bottom of my "things to worry about" list.




*For the record, I'm just kidding, and I'm keeping a devil design for myself.
----------------
Now playing: Modest Mouse - Spitting Venom
via FoxyTunes

5 complaints:

lateralus said...

I didn't really get the concept when I saw it. It doesn't make charging that much easier - nor does it cradle the phone in anyway.

Parang flat lang sya na patungan na may pop up.


LOL @ the one-night-stand reference. What a stretch, dude. hehe

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Charging a mobile phone isn't hard to begin with, so...

Michelle said...

Cheers to your LCD monitor hehe
Buti just in time ang pagbenta ni James ;D

abumelt said...

where'd you get them? i was looking all over ayala malls but i can't seem to find it. (okay, maybe i just looked for a quarter of an hour)

alvin, kid repetitive said...

secret...

Gagayahin mo pa yung gift idea ko. :))