Monday, December 29, 2008

5 is The Number of the Week.

I got five (5!!!!) new shirts as gifts last Christmas. Is that a subtle sign that the clothes I wear suck? If so, noted, and LOL.

The other thing I enjoyed doing last Christmas was buying gifts for my godchildren (I've got 5 so far), mostly because they're all kids/babies/pre-teens and it's always fun to look for the coolest toys and other baby items. My oldest godchild is actually around 10 or 11 (or 12?) years old already (I don't think I was even a teenager yet when he was born) (his name is Denzel btw, and yes, he was named after Denzel Washington), so instead of buying him a toy, I gave him 3 Hardy Boys books instead, since I was about his age when I started reading books.

Yep, those Hardy Boys paperbacks (and Archie comics) were the main reasons why I got into reading.



----------------
Now playing: Newton Faulkner - Foundations (Live On The Live Lounge)
via FoxyTunes

5 complaints:

totomai said...

wala bang 5 gifts for totomai? hehehe. merry christmas and happy new year.

uy baka meet kami nina aajao sa january 12 hehe sama ka?

abumelt said...

not one christmas has passed that i didn't get at least one shirt as a present. be glad you got 5 new ones. ^^ shirts are practical

cutest inaanak reaction:
4-yr old inaanak upon opening my gift: "I love it, i love it, i love it!"

and. ARCHIE COMICS!! i grew up on those! :P

benj said...

one of them should've given you a gym membership. :p

alvin, kid repetitive said...

benj: yeah, I really could use one right about now. But since I didn't get one, I'm just making do with running up and down the stairs and carrying water jugs to its place in the kitchen (once a day.)

Michelle said...

Ako nagsimula sa Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew and Archie hehehe *reminiscing bookworm days*