Monday, February 7, 2005

The Dream Lord is coming to the Philippines!

well, it's still in the planning stage I think, and it might be too premature to celebrate and camp outside the future hotel that he'll be staying at, but...


Neil Gaiman is gonna be visiting Manila!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Gaiman, the author of The Sandman series, American Gods, Neverwhere, Stardust, Coraline and the oddly intelligent book The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish, is coming to Manila for some book signing...

Damn! I got so fucking excited when i heard this news...

Gaiman is one hell of a great mind and I wish someday I'll be able to write something that would be as good (or even half as good) as his works... you know... the type of work that has a little more sense than the stuff I normally post here...

here's what he posted on his journal in his website:

...Incidentally, I'm trying to organise (well, I'm not actually doing the organising) the promised signings in the Philippines and Singapore before or after the Melbourne convention and Australian book signings this summer. The signing in the Philippines looks like it's happening, but I'm not sure about the Singapore one, as originally I was going be brought in with Dave McKean by the British Council, a plan that was scuppered by MirrorMask, and now I'm not really sure who to talk to. (If anyone in Singapore has any bright ideas, feel free to let me know.)...
But if I'm not credible enough for you, feel free to check out his website and look for the post he made on his journal here (look for it yourself you distrustful bastard!)

btw: thanks to Johnny Quantum, who was the source of the info (from a www.PinoyEXchange.com thread) -> Neil Gaiman in Manila!

0 complaints: