Thursday, January 27, 2005

Mozart and Beethoven were indie stars too, you know

I just had a three-hour drum and bass clinic this morning as an alternative class for my school's (The De La Salle. Wait, that doesn't sound right... I guess it works for The Ateneo only...) University Week event.

Anywayz, I finally got to play the drums! (okay, okay... so i didn't really sound smooth at all while i was playing, but hey, before this day I haven't even touched a drum stick yet. You gotta start somewhere, right?)

I already know how to play Christmas carols on the flute, add to that the lullabies and nursery rhymes I play on the piano. All I need to do now is get the timing of hitting those goddamn cymbals and snare and cymbals and bass drum and cymbals and cymbals (gotta master the muscle memory technique!) and I'm half-way complete to my road to being the trip hop/acid jazz/alt-rock/blues-folk/neo-soul/garage rock music god that I was always meant to be.

Later in the day, I stopped by G4 to buy me a new bag, and some books since Powerbooks was having a sale. I bought "Smaller and Smaller Circles" by F.H. Batacan, not only because it won a Palanca Grand Prize and a National Book Award, but also because it's a required reading for my Literature class... I also bought myself a copy of "Sandman Vol. 4 - Seasons of Mist" by Neil Gaiman. The Sandman is my absolute freaking favorite book of all time. Read it and you'll understand why. (I suggest you start with either "Preludes and Nocturnes", which is Sandman Vol. 1, or the "Endless Nights", which is not part of the original storyline, it was published some years after Gaiman ended the whole series)

Let me also give out my thank yous to Yuan the demented, for sending me two mp3's of rare live performances by Jeff Buckley: I Never Asked to be Your Mountain (a tribute to his dad who died at the age of 29 back when Jeff was still little Scotty Moorhead) and Farewell Angelina (a Bob Dylan cover), and to Jaejay the semi-suicidal blockmate (if you read this Jaejay, hope you don't take the nickname personally) for letting me borrow his copy of "Preludes and Nocturnes"

And since I'm raving so hard about shit today, let me continue by saying that LRT line 2 rocks! I rode it for the first time yesterday and again, this morning (so in a slightly twisted perspective, i can now claim that I've devirginized myself from the train, twice for good measure) and it's fucking awesome. The train itself is really nice and wide, while the station is spacious and looks waaaaaay better than the Manila airport (NAIA Terminal 1)... Two thumbs up to you LRT2!

My day ended in a somewhat disappointingly annoying manner as Roger Federer(SUI) lost to Marat Safin(RUS) in the semis of the Aussie Open to the score of 5-7, 6-4, 5-7, 7-6(8-6), 9-7 in a match that lasted more than 4 hours. I can't be too disappointed though since I'm also a Safin fan and he really did play well. I just really hope that he wins the whole thing and not get beaten by either Roddick, or worse that mothafuckin, fist-pumping, cockhead of a Hewitt (they play their semis match tomorrow)... As a consoloation though, Wowow channel did show Daniela Hantuchova's(SVK) commercial for Yonnex tennis rackets right after the match, and she looked really cute and pretty and mmmmmm..... So that put a grin on my face.

It's already past 12am and i still haven't eaten my dinner (Wendy's Big Classic Burger, yum yum) so I'll be going now...

0 complaints: