Wednesday, May 2, 2007

(call it a non-sexual orgasm.)

I took my family out on the night of my birthday last Friday to have dinner at Melo's in Alabang. The steak there is just insanely great! I had the Angus beef rib eye. It was soooo tender and tasted frakkin great. The best steak I've ever had, without a doubt. (It also did not come by coincidence that that dinner was the most expensive meal I ever had to pay for.) Happy 22nd birthday to me!

Thanks to my friends from the office who gave me a copy of Alisa Kwitney's The Sandman: King of Dreams in
hardcover(!) It's an annotation, if you will, of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series.

Thanks for a great great gift and Tuesday's cake, everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------

I remember that time when I met Neil (close kami, bakit ba?) almost two years ago at his book signing here in Manila. I blogged about it way back when (check the July '05 archives) and, man! Looking back to that experience, something that happened two years ago, when I was still in college... before I started working... when all I was stressing about was finishing our thesis (and defending it to our panel)... when I was still a lot less cynical than I am now... It still gives me a huge rush of excitement, an adrenaline rush that makes my chest feel like it will swell up and erupt (call it a non-sexual orgasm.) That. Was an amazing moment. It really was.



What? So I'm a fanboy.

5 complaints:

totomai said...

its always good to celebrate your special day with your family. :-) happy bday again.

lol@non-sexual orgasm. hehe

janny said...

oo nga naman! paki ba nila! e sa fanboy e! :P go alvin!

Michelle said...

Glad you liked your gift :)

It's nice that you celebrated with your family. Ok lang medyo expensive, once a year lang naman nagbibirthday eh ;)

Kelan libre namin? :D hehehe

nyorks said...

anong happy 22nd to me?? wag feeling =p hehehehhee


happy bday alvenvenvenvenven belated late late late late =p

hellgod said...

thanks everyone!

(except kay Norbs... inggit ka lang :p)