Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome, 2007 + 1

A couple of hours more before the new year comes in...

The year started off with a bang, then mellowed down to below mediocre (there was a point when I felt like our office turned into The Office, without the humor, but with Dwight Schrute), but things started picking up, with the 3-month trip to Poland putting the icing on the cake. (Not everything is on the ups though... One of those things? My bonus.)

So instead using this space to deliberate whether 2007 was a great year or not, I've decided that I will use this post to list down the 20 most played tracks on my Creative ZVM :D

  1. A Design For Life - Manic Street Preachers (If I was going on a protest, I'd sing this song on a megaphone, at the top of my lungs)
  2. She Ionizes and Atomizes - Modest Mouse (this is a song from one of Modest Mouse's earlier albums, it's actually the first song by the band that I downloaded)
  3. Worn Me Down - Rachael Yamagata (She has an awesome voice that I love listening to over and over again.)
  4. Missed The Boat - Modest Mouse (from their latest album, a standout song. Also, check out the various videos for the song)
  5. Run - Snow Patrol (Also from their older album. This is an awesome anthemic song)
  6. Spitting Venom - Modest Mouse (Another one from the "We Were Dead" album)
  7. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley (I'm surprised it isn't on any higher, this is my absolute favorite song)
  8. Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie - (Another one of my most favorite songs ever)
  9. Us - Regina Spektor (A great, crazy vocalist)
  10. Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens (This song gives me goosebumps)
  11. Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins
  12. Charm Attack - Leona Naess
  13. Samson - Regina Spektor
  14. Silent All These Years - Tori Amos
  15. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
  16. A Long Walk - Jill Scott
  17. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town - Pearl Jam
  18. The Shining - Badly Drawn Boy
  19. Hedonism - Skunk Anansie
  20. Love For Granted - Phoenix

Happy New Year, everyone!



----------------
Now playing: Manic Street Preachers - A Design For Life
via FoxyTunes

7 complaints:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!!
Death Cab was on this New Year's indie songs list, where you can listen to all of these songs online.
Happy New Year!!

alvin said...

thanks, and happy new year!

lol on the one fact you didn't know about Counting Crows :p

daoming said...

put your records on! i luv!

happy new year alvin! :D

alvin said...

yeah, CBR is pretty good. happy new year Kathy :D

geebee-109 said...

(Not everything is on the ups though... One of those things? My bonus.)

No comment. Haha. At may witholding tax pa pala sya... Grabe. (Sabi na ngang no comment eh. Hahaha.)

Michelle said...

Kung ako tatanungin about my bonus, I'd answer:
"What bonus?"

:p

alvin said...

hehe, ano nga ba yun Mich? I've forgotten what it means... is it something you use to wash away dogs' poop from the ground?