Sunday, September 23, 2007

Where we go back to Wilanow, and a little bit of that Manila heat

We came back to Wilanow Palace earlier today. We went right after lunch time, while the sun was well up, so my pictures came out better :)

We went around the palace's park this time around. It's a great place to walk around in (in that it fits the general fast rule on what a nice place to walk around should be.) I'll share some pics later on.

In my previous post, I was talking about how cold it is here... Well, it turns out Polish weather is a bit fickle too. After a couple of days of sub-15 degrees C temperature, I took a quick look at the thermometer on my apartment window this afternoon and the temperature actually read somewhere north of the 30s! (It was directly under sunlight, so that may have contributed to the fact.) Anyway, I didn't even need to wear a jacket today! I missed that feeling.

That's when I realized: screw snow and winte
r. I'd rather have hot days than have the skin on my knuckles crack and bleed from the extreme cold (and that's not a hypothetical statement, the skin on my hands really are cracking and bleeding)

Of course, these little wounds (that will probably turn into scars) still aren't stopping me from having a good time here.

Status report: 2 weeks in Poland, still having a good time. :D

----------------
Now playing: Janis Joplin - Summertime
via FoxyTunes

2 complaints:

a p a n y said...

stop talking and show us the pictures!!

bwahahahahaha :D

alvin said...

hahaha, I know... Tinatamad ako magupload. Ang sarap kasi ng weather dito, pagdating ko sa apartment, gusto ko na agad matulog :))