Monday, January 11, 2010

011110, or 30 in Binary

So, 11th day into the new year...


I just moved into a new room. Except it's not actually a new room, it's the old computer/study room that no one uses anymore since no one in our household bothers to study anymore. It's also the room where an unfortunate incident happened.

Pros: My room isn't in the attic anymore, I've got a brand new, nice-looking sofa bed, and a nice desk for my laptop when I'm working at home (it's right in front of the TV.)
Cons: This room is smaller. And have I mentioned that sofa beds are a lot less comfortable than conventional big beds?

I just moved into a new role. Except it's not actually a new role, it's just a new version of an old role that no one wanted to take. (Oops, did I say that out loud?)

Pros: Flex time, and I get nice sum of on-call pay that makes up for my unfortunate stagnant salary.
Cons: I'm on call. On weekends, holidays, and the wee hours of the morning. There are others, but we can discuss that offline. ;-)

I wonder what the 12th day will bring.


2 complaints:

geebee said...

New year means recycled stuff for you? :P

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Yup, going green in 2010! haha