Sunday, March 30, 2008

Habits of The Highly Disaffected

Earth Hour a few hours ago. My mom didn't want to turn off the lights because she was watching TV.

---------------------------------

Earlier this week, I attended the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People seminar. I definitely learned a lot from it, but I can't say that I'm an effective person now. After all, they were called habits for a reason. I think I have a lot of gritting of teeth to do before I finally can declare myself to be highly effective.

---------------------------------

There are days when I wake up and I just declare the day to be over, that it's gonna be bad. There are times when I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm wrong, and there are times when I can satisfy myself with the fact that I can say "whatever" and really mean it.

---------------------------------

I'm addicted to this show Damages. It's being shown on AXN a lot, with 4-episode marathons on Saturdays. It's seriously good. Season Finale is on Tuesday.

---------------------------------

This week, I was extremely and unexpectedly stressed out. I felt like I was scrambling for no apparent reason. I think it might have been because of the long holiday, followed by the three day out-of-office training I had. E-mails and tasks piled up, and instead of having the positive, I CAN DO THIS! attitude (I don't), I simply became overwhelmed and just tried to zone out as best as I could the two days I had work at the office. Being stressed out and anxious and overwhelmed has been nagging at me for a few weeks now. I think it's because of finding out and understanding the notion that I may not be standing on grounds as solid as I thought.

---------------------------------

I don't know what it is about going home from work late at night that gets my mind so riled up and I start arguing inside my head. Not arguing violently, but just... debating why things are. I think I do it sometimes because it makes things clearer for me. The sad part though is when that clearer perspective makes you see that things aren't going great for you.

Just thinking out loud.

---------------------------------

Check out the song on the Now Playing link below... It seriously kills me each time I hear it.
Or better yet, check out the live performance here

----------------
Now playing: Biffy Clyro - Machines
via FoxyTunes

0 complaints: