Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lazienki Krolewskie and Ogrod Saski. They look nicer than they sound.

It's been a month since I arrived and I'm just really loving this city.

Last week, we went to the £azienki Królewskie, the royal summer residence of Poland's Last King.
Lazienki is an 80-hectare park that houses the Palace on the Water, and the Chopin Monument (yes, he's Polish ;D ), among others. Lazienki (wa-szhen-ki) is just a breathtakingly beautiful place. The park is huge and is filled with trees and plants. It has a really cool, romantic ambiance. It sort of reminded me a lot of Camp John Hay, except this was only a 10-minute bus ride from my apartment, and not an 8-hour drive up the mountains of Luzon. It also had a lot of friendly squirrels (sometimes too friendly), peacocks, ducks, and swans (or was it a stork?), so the Polish kids really love the place.





We also went to Ogrod Saski (Saxon Garden) where we found the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Saxon Garden is another park in the middle of Warsaw, and with autumn in full swing, the foliage is just turning everything to an artful picture. This place is so picturesque. It's a cam whore, I tell you. All you have to do is click.

We also got there in time to see the changing of the Honor Guards. I took a short video because their soldiers have a pretty cool walk, but I can't transfer it out of my SD card, because it looks like there's something wrong with the file. Damn it.



Anyway, travelling
around Warsaw really makes me think so much about Manila. Manila and Warsaw really has many similarities. But with the rate I'm going, I might come back home in two months knowing more about the city that's adopting me than the city I actually live on.

I have a feeling I'm not alone when I say I know so little of Manila. That's gotta change when I come back.







----------------
Now playing: Björk - Hunter
via FoxyTunes

5 complaints:

Michelle said...

"I have a feeling I'm not alone when I say I know so little of Manila. That's gotta change when I come back."
Hahaha oo nga dapat mas marami tayong mapuntahan/malaman kesa kay Maciej J. :p hehe

lateralus said...

Why the hell are you in Poland again?! Hahaha. Sounds fun. I guess you better apply lotion on your skin to make sure it doesn't dry up and crack.

alvin said...

^training for some new work :)

"I guess you better apply lotion on your skin to make sure it doesn't dry up and crack."
the skin on my knuckles already has. it's healed now, pero ang itim tuloy ng kamay ko haha

a p a n y said...

omgz inggitinggitinggitinggitt!!

im lookin at your flickr pics....everything so picture perfect!

alvin said...

Apany: I just got back from a weekend in Krakow... It's soooo much more beutiful there. I'll post more pics soon :D