Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Krakow is the shits!

Last weekend, we went to Krakow, another city here in Poland. And it's an awesome city! I've always been raving about how nice and beautiful Warsaw is on my previous posts, but seriously... Krakow just amazed me. No offense to loyal Varsovians out there, but Krakow is just made of pure AWESOME. =D

Maybe it's just the recency effect t
alking, but Krakow is now my favorite city in the world. What can I say, I have a soft spot for non-asphalt paved streets on old towns filled with crazy and/or drunk people during the day and night

On a side note: I think I may have just tasted the best cake I've ever tasted in my life last night. We had after-dinner coffee and desserts at Cava, a coffee shop in Nowy Swiat here in Warsaw. I ordered the Tort Czekoladowe, and it tasted so good I can't even describe it. That's one point for Warsaw, I guess. :D


With the Wawel Cathedral in the background. The dome on the right is made of pure gold, and inside the cathedral are tombs of Polish kings and queens, and relics of two Polish saints. It's one of the most beautiful cathedrals I have ever seen.







The leaning Town Hall Tower in Krakow's Rynek Glowny (Grand Square). On the right side of the pic is the Sukiennice, the Cloth Hall where the textile trade used to go on. It was built in 1300. It's now being used as a market for tourist goods, with cafes springing up all around it.








The Cloth Hall, from the foot of the town hall tower, and the town hall tower from inside the Cloth Hall.




















The streets and buildings of Krakow's Old Town:






































Saint Mary's Church on the right, horse-drawn carriages for rent on the left















One of Krakow's crazy (and pretty) girls. I gave her 30 groszy, despite the abuse being done to the teddy bear by the dude behind her.
----------------
Now playing: Modest Mouse - People as Places as People
via FoxyTunes

0 complaints: