Saturday, August 12, 2006

Het Augustus?

One thing I like about August?

August = month-long Powerbooks sale! Woohoo!

I'd post a wishlist here, but it's not even close to my birthday so I think I'll just let this one pass for now. (But hey, if you're up for giving me a gift for no apparent reason, then go right ahead!)

You know what else is coming up this August? Rockestra II! Last year, bands such as Imago, Cambio, Sandwich, Silent Sanctuary, Sugarfree, and Twisted Halo signed up to perform their songs with the Manila Symphony Orchestra. This year's event happens on August 18 at the Folk Arts Theater, featuring bands such as The Dawn (woohoo!), Hale (meh...), 6cyclemind(umm..), Itchyworms (woohoo), Urbandub (woooohoooo!) and Up Dharma Down! (wooooohoooooo!!!) 4 out of 6 bands is not so bad... and MSO should rawk the house fo sure!

Now all I have to do is look for people to come with me.


Ooooh, and to be on the safe side, if you are going to buy me something at powerbooks, something (anything) by Kurt Vonnegut or Irvine Welsh would be good =P

6 complaints:

Dude said...

hehehe, pareho tayo. i've been piling up books from the sale. i don't know kung tapos na ko. daming maganda e. i'm reading james frey's a million little pieces (316 pesos lang from the orginal 395 price!)

strandedsoul said...

ay wow saya naman powerbooks dein ko lam to ah tnx alvin kso lapit na end of month hehe

peejay said...

so did you get to see rockestra? somebody gave me tickets at around 7:30pm last Friday. E di ba 8pm yun? Tapos nasa QC pa ko. Tsk. Sayang. Enjoy pa naman last year...

hellgod said...

Dude: wala pa akong nabibiling books, naghihintay pa ako baka may magbigay sakin hahaha

AyGee: hanggang 31 pa naman eh, still a week to go :p

Peejay: Yeah, I sure did... sa youtube hahaha.

Sayang nga eh, missed urbandub and up dharma down, and malamang next year iba na iinvite nilang tumugtog.

Mich said...

Hehehe I bough three books from Powerbooks last Friday. Buti sale ang Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince dun kasi sa National excluded siya sa sale...I think... Walang sticker eh, and dun lahat may sticker pag sale. Wala tuloy Laking National Points but I'd rather get the advantage of the 20% sale at Powerbooks :p

hellgod said...

^Onga, sale din pala sa National hehe...

Not sure how much I spent for books the past month hehe... Di ko na lang bibilangin para di ako magulat :d