Saturday, February 25, 2006

Recommended Viewing/Listening:

I was scanning through www.youtube.com when I came across this video:

Damien Rice's Volcano

I say you view it. Because it's amazing.


---------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo declared that the nation is under a State of Emergency, supposedly because there was a supposed coup attempt. Good on her for realizing that people don't want her in power. Excuse me while a vomit.

---------------------------------------------------

I noticed that I forgot to keep my blog updated with some Aussie Open news. Well, the Aussie Open ended about a month ago (heh) so I'll just make this quick. Amelie Mauresmo won her first ever Grand Slam at the age of 26, Roger Federer won his 7th Grand Slam at the age of 24, the Bryan twins won the men's doubles, Zi Yan and Jie Zheng became the first Chinese players to ever win a Grand Slam after winning the women's doubles, and Martina Hingis capped of her successful comeback from competitive tennis by winning the mixed doubles with Mahesh Bhupathi.

---------------------------------------------------

Work related: Starting March 6, our team will be having 12:00 am - 8:30 am working hours. (I don't want to elaborate because I don't want to say something that I might not like saying after).

In another work-related news, checking my schedule for the next two months, looks like I'll be working on Holy Week (including Maundy Thursday and Good Friday). And that's bad because people don't usually work on those two days (at least here in the Philippines), they go on vacation. In Boracay. Or in Palawan. Or in Sagada. Because it's a holiday. Yet I won't get any additional pay for logging in 9 hours of work. On a holiday. Damn it.

---------------------------------------------------

A couple of weeks ago, me and my officemates Mike, Jan, and Ben went to Eurostar (it's a carnival/amusement park). They only have around 7 rides there, but each one will definitely hit you hard. Parang Red Horse. My favorite was the Joker. Imagine riding a giant vertical centrifuge. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

8 complaints:

ben said...

live with it! I worked on Christmas and got a "wonderful" CDO! YAY!!!! HOORAY TO CDO!! hehehe

hellgod said...

that's the thing... we don't really have to live with it.

becca said...

"Work related: Starting March 6, our team will be having 12:00 am - 8:30 am working hours. (I don't want to elaborate because I don't want to say something that I might not like saying after)." --> natawa ako dito!haha:))

Mich said...

Because it's a holiday. Yet I won't get any additional pay for logging in 9 hours of work. On a holiday. Damn it.
==> My sentiments exactly. I've lived through numerous holidays where I work while others enjoy the holiday. I've got more than 10 (and still counting) CDOs that have expired because I couldn't take days off when I had some things to finish. Since the start of the year I've only taken one day off, because I am have DM shift every single day. How many times have I wished CDOs were convertible to cash. I would be a richer gal. Sad to say it's far from reality. Story of my life.

norbs said...

ahhhh joker!!! the whole time super pikit ako alam mo yun? pero angsaya! haha eto ba nung nakita kita? late comment haha. di ko na kaya yung flipper..kaka-flip! kakainis din yung booster..pagabba ko super affected ako. haha =p

mae said...

Walang additinal pay? bakit? :( Saka yung 12:00 am to 8:30 am... kuwento kuwento! tagal na tayong di nagkukuwentuhan. paano na nga pala yung S15 outing?

strandedsoul said...

"A couple of weeks ago, me and my officemates Mike, Jan, and Ben went to Eurostar (it's a carnival/amusement park). They only have around 7 rides there, but each one will definitely hit you hard.">>>

pare kmi din! pucha taena 2 lang kaya naksayan nmin kc akala ko pang-warm up lang un mga rides n iba pucha pamatay pala!!! sulit ang 400 hahaha

fLoi said...

Alvin! I'm back! Please update your links. *mwah*