Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'd Rather Write A Rave Review

Since Inception blew my mind so hard, I thought I'd write about the most interesting recurring dreams I've had (that I can remember.)

The first one probably falls more on the nightmare column. It was a pretty recurrent dream a couple of months ago that involved skyscrapers falling over. In one dream, I'm watching the buildings tip over from the grounds of Ayala Avenue, admiring them while at the same time getting scared that parts of the falling buildings would land on me (and getting scared for the casualties who are inside the buildings too.) I watched Ayala Tower One fall over, then I saw my office building, Robinsons Summit Center follow it, in a very dramatic, kind of slow-mo movie-like way. Weirdly enough, my solution to avoid getting hit by the debris was to run to the nearest Ayala underpass and wait under there until things settled down. (I think the buildings were falling because of an earthquake.)

In another dream, I'm inside the building while it was falling. I was in the pantry of our company's building in Ortigas, even though I've never spent more than an hour there before. It didn't even look like it was the same pantry, but I knew where I was anyway. It was a pretty interesting dream aside from the fact that I was gonna die on it. My "projections" and I were all watching the other buildings around us fall one at a time like a domino, and then when it was our building's turn to fall, some people started panicking. I remained calm, although I remember actually getting that feeling of falling while our building did its fall-to-the-ground stunt. I could also see the angle from my vantage point to the ground get steeper and steeper, as we presumably got closer and closer to the ground. (I woke up right before we hit it.) Anyway, my solution to being inside the falling building? I surrounded myself with pillows, to cushion my bones from the impact. I'm hoping that works in real life too.

The second recurring dream that I have on my list is when I dream about doing everything I'm supposed to do for the day. I take a bath, take a bus to the office, get stressed from the awful traffic, call in to my meetings, prepare some documents and presentations, finish my deliverables for the day, get stressed from doing those deliverables, etc etc etc... Then I suddenly wake up and realize that it was all a dream and it's 11 am and I've overslept again and I'm gonna be late for the office and I haven't actually started any of the tasks that I thought I already finished doing because it was all just a dream after all (even though I felt stressed while doing them, in the dream.) /phew

That kind of dream is annoying.

My last dream is more awkward than scary or annoying. I would dream of walking around in a public place either only in my briefs or completely pants-less but with a shirt on and alternately feeling embarrassed and nonchalant about it. I'd also sometimes see friends and random acquaintances in my dream as they normally are (i.e. clothed), while I'm partly nude. That makes seeing them in real life a bit awkward for me.

Apparently, dreaming of yourself naked means that you are feeling particularly vulnerable and may be hiding something that you don't want others to see or find out (if in your dream, you are humiliated by your nakedness) or a feeling of unrestricted freedom because you have nothing to hide (if in your dream, you don't feel shame about your nakedness.) So in my case, it's a feeling of both? I'm not sure that computes.

So... yeah, those are the more interesting recurring dreams I have. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who dreams these kinds of dreams, right? Right?

7 complaints:

monsterboy said...

Strangely, I remembered my dream last night:

I was at a party in Madrid. Left the party to climb a tower with a panorama of the city, but I left my camera on the steps leading up the tower.

After coming back from the stairs with my camera, a blue baloon floats by with a graduation hat.

Hmmm.... I don't particularly remember dreams, but that was strange....

alvin, kid repetitive said...

As one of the wittier tweets out there said:
Inception: A-
My dreams since Inception: A+

Anyway, based on my amateur dream interpretation skills, I think your dream means na gusto mong magtravel at magpakahippie sa Europe, but something's holding you back (signified by the camera). In real life, it's work/studies(?) that's holding you back from doing what you really want (grad hat). You see your work and studies as something that's mildly out of your control/reach kaya balloon yung nakita mo.

How's that for a guess? LOL

geebee said...

Dream interpretation na ngayon ang favorite pasttime mo? :P

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who dreams these kinds of dreams, right? Right?

>> Ay hindi. Ikaw lang yan. Hahahaha.

One recurring theme sa dreams ko is yung nawawala ako at di ko mahanap yung pupuntahan ko. Well, it happens in real-life most of time. LOL.

Another recurring theme is yung may humahabol sa akin tapos the whole dream is just about escaping that person.

The good thing with my nightmares is that I am conscious that they're nightmares so parang pag andun ako sa nightmare, nirerepeat ko sa sarili ko na panaginip lang yun at kelangan kong gumising. Tapos nagigising na ako.

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Hindi yata dream yung nawawala ka Geebee eh. Ang tawag yata dun, memory. :))

geebee said...

Yung nawawala ako dream come true ang tawag dun. LOL.

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Ok, I had another really, really weird dream today.

It was me and a group of friends and family I think (can't remember who were in the dream specifically anymore), and the dream happened mostly at the back of my house. We all for some reason made a pact to commit suicide. There were 2 people who went ahead and did something to kill themselves, although they used a method that led to a slow death. Then at the last minute when the rest of us all had to kill ourselves, I started to back out from doing it. Then I woke up.

Just had to share.

geebee said...

Alvin, that was one freaky dream. :-S