Sunday, July 22, 2007

An Extraordinary Machine

Things I learned the past few months (or a few minutes ago):

Worrying is counter-productive. Just because you declared on your resume that you're a person who
"works well under pressure" doesn't mean that getting stressed out will automatically turn you into a well-oiled machine. There's still that part of the equation where you have to put actual effort in transforming the stress to something else more positive. Stress is no use if it remains a negative lump of knot in your stomach.

Most everything that rises to the top is the cream of the crop. There are exceptio
ns though. There are times when you find out it's just scum.

Facing the truth is a lot harder if you've managed to build your path by lying through your teeth. Or by making excuses. Lies and truths are pulled out from the same hat.

Anxiety is brought about by stupidity, in a word.

------------------------------------------------

Just got back from watching Die Hard 4. That was a freaking awesome movie. Great jaw-dropping action and a pack of characters who just wouldn't die (I think Maggie Q is actually still alive at the bottom of that elevator.) Ironically, the villain died after one gunshot. The movie felt like a whole season of 24, minus the intense drama, packed into 2 solid hours of ass-kicking action. Bruce Willis' John McLaine is Jack Bauer with a good heap of humor (or is it Kiefer's Bauer is McLaine minus the wisecracks?)

Too bad it got lost in the Transformers/Harry Potter/SpidermanShrekPirates 3s muddle. Other movies I saw the past month: Transformers (asteeeeeg) and the 5th Harry Potter (Some people were disappointed by it. I actually liked it a lot. I didn't finish reading the book though, so I guess that could be one of the reasons I liked it.)

Finally... The Simpsons is opening this Wednesday! Woohoo! Can't wait! :D


6 complaints:

totomai said...

funny but during interviews, i always say that i can work well under pressure. hehe. i agree with your observations.

regarding transformers, it was okay, how i wish they deleted the some cliched scenes. hehehe

hellgod said...

I wish they included more wide shots of the autobots transforming. :D

Michelle said...

"Most everything that rises to the top is the cream of the crop. There are exceptions though. There are times when you find out it's just scum.

Facing the truth is a lot harder if you've managed to build your path by lying through your teeth. Or by making excuses. Lies and truths are pulled out from the same hat."

A similar thing comes to mind...

Anyways, loved Transformers, even if I have never watched the cartoon series and didn't know anything about it except that they were robots that could transform hahaha :p

hellgod said...

Ano yun Mich? discuss naman jan :p

abumelt said...

Somebody my age willingly watched and enjoyed Die Hard?! The only people I've gotten into conversations about how great the movie is are those who are at least five years older than me. It was great wasn't it? They just wouldn't die.

hellgod said...

Mel, I'm not your age... Mas matanda ka :))

It was actually my sister who insisted on watching Die Hard. I wasn't really up for it at first, but the whole family was gonna watch and it was a Sunday anyway, so I tagged along. I completely enjoyed the movie though :p