Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Others

Ok, I was supposed to talk about some other things in the last post, but I realized the previous entry has gone on too long (sorry, once I start talking about tennis, I usually don't stop)

So... here are the best of the others:

Best movie I saw this year: Inception.
It had everything, a great concept told in a very entertaining and exciting way, an interesting group of people you could root for, and if that didn't work for you, you could still take it as a great action/heist film with awesome visuals. And that top didn't stop spinning.

Best TV series: I usually just say The Amazing Race here anyway, so I'll just enumerate the 10 runner-ups:
Bones, Criminal Minds, Burn Notice, White Collar, Modern Family, Parks and Recreations, Cougar Town, Community, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Big Bang Theory.
(Note: not that I have a lot of time in my hands, I don't even download any of these via torrents. I just watch these shows whenever I catch them on TV.)

Best line from a TV Show:
"All I ask is one thing... and this is... I'm asking this particularly of young people that watch. Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you. Amazing things will happen. I'm telling you. It's just true. As proof, let's make something amazing happen right now." (goes on to sing Freebird)
Well said, Coco. Well said.

Best Performance in a Movie:
Chloe Grace Moretz as Hit Girl.
*Don't watch if you're under 18 or are otherwise immature or have strong aversion to gore.

Best Viral Video:
I was tempted to give it to the Cebu Pacific's Dancing FA's, but I remembered this one. It was hilarious when I first saw it floating around on Facebook. Still hilarious now.

Top 3 Annoying Facebook Trends:
1. People saying "unlike" when they really mean "dislike".
2. People tagging me on pictures where I'm just a blur in the background.
3. People tagging others on pics of things that they're selling. (Thanks to Jun for reminding me of this!)

Best Fake Twitter Account:

Top 3 Food for Delivery:
1. Shakey's Greek Summer Salad + mojo potatoes with Caesar dressing
2. KFC's California Maki Twister or Hotshots + Choco-Banana Krusher
3. Wendy's Big Classic Burger with cheese

Most Addicting/Time-Wasting Android game:
Sige na nga, Angry Birds. (Air Control and Word Up are the runners-up.)

Best New Restaurant/Food Place:
Bon Chon at the Ayala Triangle Gardens. Saraaap ng chicken wings.


6 complaints:

abumelt said...

Merong California Maki ang KFC? Kelan pa?

Angry birds most addicting?! CUT THE FRICKIN' ROPE!!! (Oh wait, sabi mo pala Android game)

Lastly, may Bon Chon na din sa Greenbelt, di ko pa natatry. Hrm.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

alvin, kid repetitive said...

May Cut The Rope naman sa mga normal websites eh haha... Actually, I'm now more addicted to the Sniper game. :p

Yung sa KFC, yung Twister nila na California Maki yung flavor, chicken pa rin gamit, then may mango, cucumber and japanese mayo. Sarap!

totomai said...

happy new year!

di ka nanonood ng Dexter? hehe

sa viral video naalala ko lagi ang Happy Ending Massage haha

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Nope, di yata pinapalabas dito yun eh (or kung meron man sa cable, wala yung channel na yun sa cable provider namin haha)

rexyjolly said...

Bitoy's [i]Bathroom Dance[/i] almost made it to my list. Now that I think about it, I must've included it. LOL. Pero seriously, that video was pure genius. Even if you don't like the song [i]Bad Romance[/i], or Lady GaGa, or both, you'd still appreciate Bitoy's version.

I'm adding a fourth on the annoying Facebook trends: People tagging me on a picture, and then asking me to like it for them to win in some contest.

Although, I am guilty about tagging people in pictures even if they're just a blur in the background. It's just the OC in me. Haha.

All hail BON CHON! Viva BON CHON! Animo BON CHON! Hahahaha! :D

geebee said...

Bathroom Dance, panalo! Mga ilang araw ko ring LSS yan dati. LOL.