Sunday, November 14, 2010

Numb Left Arm

Ok, I got a huge scare when I woke up yesterday morning. My left arm was completely numb. I couldn't move it at all, not even a twitch of a finger! I tried holding it and slapping it with my right hand but I couldn't feel a thing, it was like my right hand was hitting an inanimate object. Then, I lifted my left arm up with my right hand, but it just fell straight down. That really, really, really freaked me out. I tried slapping my upper arm until the feeling went back again and after about a minute, I started to get the pins-and-needle-pricking sensation on my arm and I was finally able to move my left arm again.


Then, earlier this evening, I met up with my college friends to have dinner at ROC in UP Bahay ng Alumni (good food, but they have very small servings). I told them the story, and then Joan told me a similar story about someone who had numb arms too. It turns out the man (who was in his late 50's) had a mild stroke. And yeah, was. So as soon as I got back home (after having some great desserts at Wicked Kitchen, where Gluttony and Sloth rocks!), I googled about getting numb arms while sleeping, and most results seem to say that it's a common problem caused by a compressed peripheral nerve. So I guess there's no reason to panic just yet and I'll just wait if it happens again before checking with a doctor.

I just thought I'd blog about this so that just in case something bad (or worse) happens to me, I've got it documented.

7 complaints:

BaconTunaMelt said...

Good luck! I hope it's nothing. Hey, Wicked Kitchen sounds promising.

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Thanks! I didn't get the numb feeling today, so maybe it was just a case of some bad sleeping positions the night before :p

Yep, Wicked Kitchen is great! The food is really good, but what makes it awesome are the desserts. It's awesome that there are lots of restos up North for us South people to explore :))

abumelt said...

What's not awesome is the far drive from South to these places.

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Yeah, hassle nga yung layo, lalo na ngayong Christmas season! Parang umuwi ka lang probinsya.

mae-isabelle said...

nakakatakot naman yun.. buti na lang ok ka na :) hopefully, wala lang talaga yan. ako kailangan ko na talagang matuloy sa APE ko.. yung back ko yung sumasakit naman pagkagising minsan.. sana wala akong scolio.. but better to check it asap..

alis tayo ng lacasita peeps sa Pasko kung puede kayo a. :) miss ko na kayo!

alvin, kid repetitive said...

Ako din nga, hindi pa ako nakakapagpa-APE since the required medical check up when I was a new hire sa work. That was 5 years ago! haha

abumelt said...

Samin required na may annual physical. Shet ano 'to? Tumatanda na talaga tayo?