Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday, the 13th

This blog is a year old today.

I feel like I should say something more, but I'm running on empty right now.

------------------------------------------------------

Work has been good so far, if a little uncertain. Although I think that's just natural when it comes to new things. The first few steps are always taken with some tentativeness, until you get the hang of it and you start taking bigger steps, in different directions.

------------------------------------------------------

Self-awareness is a good trait to have. Something that really annoys me a lot is when I see people who think too highly of themselves. Masyadong malaki ang bilib sa sarili to put it simply. The way I see it, great accomplishments (if they were great at all) are negated by high-and-mighty "I deserve your praise" attitude. Heroes are not supposed to be self-serving, after all.


------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited to go back to Boracay this summer. I'm also hearing my brother making plans of going to Cagayan de Oro a few weeks from now (and with a very wallet-friendly budget too!)

------------------------------------------------------

Aussie Open 2006, tennis season's first Grand Slam starts on Monday! After being forced to retire with injuries three years ago, Martina Hingis(SUI) will be playing in her first Grand Slam tournament as a wildcard entry (she has no ranking because of her three year absence). Defending men's singles champ Marat Safin (RUS) is not playing this year because of a knee injury while defending women's champ Serena Williams is running on very poor form because of injuries and a general drop in her fitness. Top seeds are Roger Federer (SUI) who will try to do better after losing to Safin in last year's classic semifinal match and 29-year old Lindsay Davenport(USA) who lost to Serena in last year's final. I hope Daniela does well here too. =)

-------------------------------------------------------


Two bands that I'm really liking right now are Up Dharma Down (Alternative meets Trip-Hop meets Drum and Bass meets Soul meets great music) and Paramita (nice melodic songs and the vox has a real nice voice, sort of like Aia of Imago but a little huskier)

-------------------------------------------------------


For someone who's running on low fumes, I sure can type a lot...

1 complaints:

mhia said...

ano ba yan pareho p tyo ng title! hehe

bora bora..! matuloy kaya .. ako, that is. hehe dko p din tlga alam :( owell, 2 sets of ppl are making plans.. so sana nman i get to join at least 1 of em!

ps. nikwento ko sa kanila kagabi yung tinanong mo (abt dinner).. natawa sila ha ;)