Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

I put down what used to be my last bottle of beer
And picked up another one, said that I’m holding it
because it feels colder than how I prefer it to be.
I’m holding it tight to keep it nice and warm, so that no one else would want to drink it.
I like my hard drinks warm.
Because only those are the kind that kick me in the stomach.

I like how it tastes unbearably bitter
I like how it becomes a challenge all of a sudden
To finish one whole bottle in one long sip.
I like the way that it presents itself as a problem
I like my problems when they're warm.

or I don't. I suddenly can't distinguish the difference.

--------------------------------------------

I realize that laughter is a good way to relieve anxiety. The best way to get rid of anxious thoughts on the other hand would be the obvious: do it, the quicker the better. The only way out is through baby. Lesson learned (which is of course only half the battle.)


I hope I remember it well.

--------------------------------------------

I finally got a copy of Death Cab for Cutie's latest cd. I've been meaning to buy it ever since it came out here in the Philippines, but my "tightly screw your pockets" side of the brain (yes, unlike some people, I have more sides in my brain than the left and the right) said wait until the next payday, and the next payday, and the next payday, until months have passed and I've forgotten that I actually had to buy this album. Until I heard this song on the radio.

If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Death Cab. Vintage. Glad I have it now. I still have a lot more cds that I need to buy in the pipeline though. I wonder how long till my mental zip lock relents this time.

2 complaints:

peejay said...

hey i love that song too. ETC showed the SNL episode where DCFC were the musical guests this weekend. too bad i missed it.

anyway, sali ka naman sa mayermanila, the first egroup for fans of john mayer in the philippines hehe. it's way overdue, i know. just send a blank email to mayermanila-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. hope to see you there! =)

PJ

Kai said...

Good taste! I like DCFC too. (: