Friday, August 26, 2005

Take Your Fast Car and Keep on Driving

Raikkonen and Schumacher - swap deal?

This morning's Bild newspaper in Germany claims a pre-contract agreement has been signed which will see Schumacher in a McLaren-Mercedes in 2007, with Raikkonen in a Ferrari.

You will die in seven days...

What?!?!??!?!?!?!???!! Wait, let me just gather my thoughts so that I'll know what I actually have to say about that news.

...........
.......
....
..

Nope, nothing... my head's still numb. The report did end by saying that even Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug himself has said that it is "rather impossible" for Schumacher to leave Ferrari.

In this weekend's F1 action in the Istanbul Grand Prix, McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen grabbed his fifth title of the season by dominating the race, taking the lead right from the start and holding on to it until the checkered flag. Raikkonen also made history by winning the inaugural F1 race in Istanbul, Turkey. Championship Race leader Fernando Alonso took second place, taking advantage of crucial mistakes by Kimi's McLaren teammate Juan Pablo Montoya. Montoya, who made a wide turn a couple of laps near the end of the race to give Alonso enough space to overtake, settled for third place. So instead of a 1-2 finish by McLaren, it's another McLaren-Renault-McLaren at the podium (Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella finished fourth).

Alonso maintains a 24-point lead over Raikkonen with McLaren narrowing Renault's lead in the Constructors Championships to just 9 points.


----------------------------------------------
I had my first interview with my future employer* awhile ago, I'm hoping it won't be my last. (Or I'm hoping it's my last and I get hired immediately after, but that's asking for too much, hehe)

* speaking in hindsight :)

3 complaints:

Anonymous said...

I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my cheapest airfare ticket related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Paul said...

So true about the Las Piñas traffic comment, especially the Casimiro intersection. Nakakapag-init ng ulo talaga.

Anyway, I don't think Schumi will ever leave Ferrari. He'll retire a Ferrari man.

hellgod said...

^yep, tapos kapag 12 noon onwards, sobra na traffic dun, nag-eextend hanggang sa Times intersection, tapos pag uwian ng mga estudyante, sa RFC naman traffic. Plus Moonwalk/SM area pa... hay...

Agree bout Schumi too... i don't know why, but just imagining Kimi in Ferrari and Schumi in McLaren makes me cringe, hehe. The two men switching places just doesn't seem to fit.